In this episode, Heather and Liz cover a 2016 Movie Review – Part 1 for our annual episode. Make sure to catch up next week with the second part of the episode. Last year, we did our first year-in-movies review, so we are excited to bring this back as an annual event.
Movies – Part 1 (January through May)
Listen in as we talk month by month through the first half of the year covering the movies we did see versus the ones we wanted to see.
- The Hateful Eight – Samuel L Jackson at his best. This technically came out in January, though it did have a release date in December.
- The Witch – how did you like this, horror fans?
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – We have a book club coming up on this book in the next few weeks, so we haven’t seen the movie yet. Stay tuned!
- Zoolander 2
- DEADPOOL!!! We both just LOVED this freaking movie. We didn’t know what to expect, but it blew all expectations out of the water. So funny and bloody at the same time. SUPER offensive, so stop taking your kids to see these thing! We are thinking of doing a movie commentary on this movie because there is so much to talk about. We apologize for not getting an episode out earlier, but this year has been crazy busy. Well done, MCU! Well done indeed.
- Zootopia – This movie was really cute! Great messages and fun for both kids and adults.
- 10 Cloverfield Lane – Didn’t see it, but Heather is looking forward to it.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – A maybe later movie
- Divergent: Alligient – OMG This totally made us happy that it crapped out and went straight to distribution. We absolutely hated the third useless book of the series when we did our book club episode, so this just gave us a lot of joy. Of course, we still keep on ranting.
- Batman vs. Superman – We are so tired of talking about this movie. The extended edition was definitely better than the theatrical release. It was really curious why they would cut out these SUPER IMPORTANT plot points in favor of the crap scenes they let in. Wonder Woman is still the best part of this movie. Stop fucking it up, DC.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 – We didn’t get a chance to see this, but really want to.
- The Boss – We didn’t get around to seeing this. The trailer didn’t do as much for us as Spy or The Heat. We hope it is great, but we haven’t seen it. Probably Netflix later.
- Hard Core Henry – We aren’t big on the shaky-cam first person stuff. It is nauseating.
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War – Didn’t see, but are more interested in seeing it now that it doesn’t have Kristen Stewart.
- The Jungle Book (live action)
May (Part 1)
- Captain America: Civil War – WOOOOOO!!! We both really loved this one! We really meant to do an entire movie review on this one, but didn’t get around to it with all of our Comicpalooza daze. Team Cap vs. Team Tony – we aren’t really buying the lineup here.
Catch us next week for the second half of our annual movie review!