Welcome to Episode 13 – Guilty Pleasures! This episode, Liz and Heather talk about their favorite guilty pleasures and what makes them guilty. Could it be social acceptability of age-related interests? Am I too old to do these things?
What makes it guilty?
- Food – It isn’t good for you or is deemed “lower quality”. Shut up. We like corn dogs.
- Social – Smoking. Man, the looks you get when you are a smoker. The worst are former smokers!! It is not your place to be healthy on my behalf. Imposing your views on someone else is not ok. And the breastfeeding/formula debate? Just feed your kid!
Why do people try to make us feel guilty? Or are they trying to make us guilty or is that our own internal dialog? Heather thinks that people don’t give a shit (too busy with their own stuff) and Liz thinks they do, because it gives them the ability to feel better about their own stuff.
Monster Truck Shows, Bouncy Castles
Our Guilty Pleasures:
- Liz – Coloring books. LOVE them. I can’t draw to save my ass, so this is a great way for me to get out my creative expression. Recent coloring books: Unicorns are Jerks, Mer-World Problems, and Dinosaurs with Jobs (available on Amazon).
- Heather – Roller Derby – taking a class on how to play roller derby. A lot of fun and a lot of learning (especially how to fall). This is a young gals game, but I’m still having a lot of fun.
Food is a huge pleasure – guilty or not. Wavy Lays, a whole box of Twinkies, Little Debbie snack cakes. Easy Cheese (spray cheese) – delicious. Ranch dressing – it is the universal condiment…it goes on anything!! 2,000 calorie salads? Yes, please. Miracle Whip vs. Mayo.
TV – Glee; MASH; Cosby Show; Frasier – Now we can get sucked in to binge watching our favorite guilty pleasure shows, thanks to Netflix.
Books – Crappy romance novels (Twilight), kids books (Ramona the Pest), chick-lit/girl porn, Sookie Stackhouse books, Shopaholic series, Young Adult (YA) novels – And WE LOVE E-READERS!! They are the best thing in the world for hiding the fact that you are reading something trashy.
Movies – Shawshank Redemption (is it guilty or just good??); Bad network tv movies – Cobra; Eraser, Commando, Predator, The Running Man (These are basically the exact same movie – trust me). FYI – Rae Dawn Chong is actually the daughter of Tommy Chong.
Food Porn – Pinterest, Instagram, Food Network
Stalking People You Hate on the Internet – Former flames, people we hated forever, etc. It’s addicting to see how people are crashing and burning on social media.
Bitch of the Week: Schizophrenic Social Media – That super religious person on Sunday, but back to being a psychotic bitch on Monday. We also feel that God would be upset with making assumptions on his behalf (telling other people that God hates them for whatever).
- Heather: Marian Keyes (Books) (Check Here)
- Liz: The Marriage Series by Jennifer Probst – Chick-lit / Girl porn – well written, not overt or disgusting. It’s a four book series, so start with the first one, as they build on each other.
Out of Context Internet Comment
Twilight – A girl’s choice between necrophilia and bestiality.
Reminder about our next book club choice – The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth (Episode 16). Be sure to read all three books, as there WILL be spoilers! Big ones!!
Send all e-mails and your favorite guilty pleasure to ContactUs@nerdybitches.com and be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |