In this episode, Liz and Heather cover 2016 Netflix Originals Part 2. One note – be sure to get your tickets for the Marvelous Nerd Year’s Eve (use craigprice as a coupon code for $50 off a 4-day pass) with Stan Lee in Dallas December 29 – January 1. Our own Producer Craig will be moderating panels and a lot of cool people will be there. Check it out at www.marvelousnye.com.
2016 Netflix Originals Part 2
We have decided that there should be Netflix for pets. But, since there isn’t currently, we can only talk about the one for peoples. So, here is the rest of 2016.
- Orange is the New Black – We don’t care for the main characters, but Red is awesome. Also an interesting look at the difference between private and public prison institutions. Just look what happened to Luke Cage!
- Voltron: Legendary Defender – Absolutely excellent! Completely worth the watch, especially if you aren’t into other areas of anime. Season 2 will be out in January 2017.
- BoJack Horsemen – BoJack has issues. The animal jokes throughout are funny.
- Stranger Things – This show is crazy good. The 1980s nostalgia alone is worth the watch. Mystery/thriller/sci-fi that really represents the 80s. It’s dark and gritty. We talk about the differences between the disappearances of Will and Barb and the importance of an active imagination. We go in depth with the different characters and actors on this one.
- Luke Cage – Damn. He is hot. Aside from the hotness, this show is really good. Definitely one to check out and binge. Long discussion here.
- Black Mirror – Totally fucked up, so it may take some time to get into. Kind of like your Klout score becoming your net worth.
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life – A 4 part 90-min series catching up on what happened since we last visited Stars Hollow.
Be sure to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever. Because we are awesome.