2020 is a Dumpster Fire – Part 4 (2021 – What We’ve Learned)
In episode 202, we sit down for our 4th part of our 2020 is a Dumpster Fire series. Yeah, we know it’s 2021, but let’s face it, 2020 is the year that will not fucking end. But along the way, we have learned a few things that we thought we would share. We are also trying to end on some positives, because we can’t really stress over any of this shit anymore. Here are some lessons we learned:
- Buying things online will often end poorly. BUT sometimes, what you end up with is fucking hilarious [see shark idea vs. reality]
- Bidets. Enough said.
- Comfortable bras are life. And hard to find.
- Watching upbeat, positive TV on a loop is the way to go. Some examples – Schitt’s Creek, The Great British Baking Show, The Vanilla Ice Project, Ted Lasso, and more.
- Finding things that bring joy – Golden buzzer moments, trips to Vegas with your dog…
- Also, those people who have been crowing for years that they could survive the zombie apocalypse – the pandemic has proven that THAT is a lie… they were all taken out after a couple of weeks because they needed a haircut. Good job, Billy Bob.
- We don’t want to look like a Karen
- Virtual gaming has been a life saver!
- The “You can’t work from home” company line is also a lie. We have shown that so many businesses couldn’t
- Black Lives STILL MATTER. This is still a major issue and we need to dig our heads out of our asses. Breonna Taylor’s murders are STILL on the loose and nothing has been done to provide any justice.
- Travel is opening back up again. We are excited for Comicpalooza coming up in July and we will get to see each other again for the first time in two years. We also have family coming to visit in the next couple of months.
- Re-opening anxiety is real.
Come see us at Comicpalooza July 17 – 18 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas!
Age of Radio Podcast Network
Check out the Age of Radio podcast network! Check us out, along with some of our favorite shows at AgeofRadio.org.
Support the Show
Check out our new MERCH STORE!!
T-shirts, mugs, totes, face masks, and so much more! Go check it out at nerdybitches.com/store!! If you do pick up some merch, make sure to send us a photo on social media!
Join Our Book Club Reading Challenge!
Want more book club awesomeness and support toward your personal reading challenge?? Join our private Facebook Group by clicking the image below!
Check out our other Book Club Selections HERE
Become a Patron!
If you love the show, we would love it if you would help support us as we grow bigger and better! You can do that by becoming a monthly donor at Patreon.com/NerdyBitches. There, for as little as $1/month, you can get Nerdy Bitches SWAG, exclusive content, and more! We appreciate it! It helps us not only keep the lights on, but to grow and bring even better content to YOU! You also have the opportunity to give us a topic idea to cover!
Nerdy Bitches PayPal Tip Jar – Buy Us a Drink!
If you want to help the show but not commit to the monthly Patreon subscription, you can buy us a drink with a one-time donation to our PayPal. You can donate in any amount here: NERDY BITCHES PAYPAL
Free Audible Trial
(Disclosure: The links listed above are affiliate links for Amazon and we may receive compensation for your purchase, but that doesn’t cost you anything extra.)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Be First to Comment