In this episode, Liz and Heather invite some friends into the studio to get Boozylicious with some amazing geek cocktails! This week, our friends Michelle and Kitty join us in celebrating some of our favorite geek movies and series with their favorite geek beverages.
This all started when we saw a YouTube video based on people trying the drinks from the Harry Potter universe, but we decided to expand on that premise. Michelle also schools us on home brewing and the dangers of drinking home beer long after it has been bottled. Heather also explains Craft Beer to those of us who don’t know what they are.
Now, for our cocktails!!
- Liz: Girl on Fire (from The Hunger Games) – 1.5 oz Torched Cherry Rum, 3 oz Mango Juice (OJ/Mango combo), maraschino cherry juice, and one cherry. This has been agreed upon as a breakfast drink. Or a hidden beach drink!
- Michelle: Two variations on the Old Fashioned – Rum Old Fashioned and a Sazerac Rye. The rum version was enjoyed by all. The rye… let’s just say we were split on the enjoyment.
- Kitty: Fizzing Whizby – sparkly! Bourbon liquor, fernet branca, tonic. We like the taste and it is pretty!
- Heather: Sonic Screwdriver (Doctor Who) – blue curacao, vanilla vodka, Sprite. We all agreed that this was really good!! Looks like Windex, but absolutely doesn’t taste like it. (Anthropologist Michelle schools us on a tribe of blue penised men in Africa)
- Liz: Butterbeer (Harry Potter) – Half root beer, half cream soda, and a shot butterscotch schnapps. Heather also made us a butterbeer cake, which was freaking awesome!
- Michelle: Homemade Mead: This one was kind of a fail. The orange mead was described as “drinkable.” Liz described it as orange socks.
- Kitty: Dragon’s Milk – Cinnamon cream rum with Coke. We added some Fireball to give it the perfect kick.
- Heather: Grootbeer Float (Guardians of the Galaxy) – Rootbeer float with bourbon. Delish!!
Thank you Michelle and Kitty for joining us!! We can’t wait to have you back again!
Liz & Heather