Welcome to our Battlestar Galactica episode!! After two years, Liz finally got Heather to watch the whole series. Was it worth it? Listen to see! Oh, and SPOILERS!
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica. – Dwight Schrute, The Office
In this episode, we are talking all about Battlestar Galactica. About two years ago, Heather challenged Liz to watch all of the new episodes of Doctor Who, and Liz challenged Heather to watch the new Battlestar Galactica series.
**GIVEAWAY!!!** We are still looking for entries to win this amazing print by local Houston artist, Sarita Ackerman! Listen for the keyword, contact us by email, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc by JULY 31, 2015. We will announce the winner of this drawing on August 1, 2015 on social media and will give a shout-out to the winner on our next podcast.
You can check out the rest of Sarita’s work at www.saritaackerman.com
So, back to Battlestar –
Starbuck! We freaking love her. Apparently, in the original series, Starbuck was a dude. We love her now.
This series was seriously a little tough to get through. Especially if you start with the two-hour mini-series that started the whole thing. If you can push through that (which is kind a slow piece of crap), it gets better.
The first two seasons are more geared toward war, so it was a little less interesting to us. The second half of the series was a little more interesting, because you get into the nuances in the story. It’s also a little more sci-fi than just action.
- Laura Roslyn – The President – She was made president by default, as she was the Secretary of Education, but the rest of the chain of command were killed.
- William Adama – The commander of the Battlestar – which was being retired/decommissioned before the Cylon attack.
- Tom Zarik – Rose up as a leader within the prison and became the leader of the resistance and was considered a terrorist.
- Lee Adama – The head of the pilots and the son of the Commander.
- Number One – Brother Cavil – He was a cylon in hiding.
- Gaius Balthar – We hate him. He is terrible and criminally insane. How he fell into leadership is beyond us, but that seems to be the way it goes.
Other characters with key roles – Starbuck, Chief, the Sharons, Heilo, etc.
- Starbuck (Kara Thrace) – We LOVE her. She is an incredibly flawed character, but she is kick ass and awesome.
- The Sharons – Boomer vs. Athena – Boomer had the relationship with the Chief, and Athena found Heilo and fell in love with him. It’s interesting since she is the sleeper cylon, but she is eventually completely incorporated into life with the humans.
- Sal and Ellen Tye – <gag>
- Gaius Balthar – Yuck.
- Six – the blonde Cylon with the red dress (Caprica 6)
Story Arcs talked about at length. The Civil War between the Cylons. Angel of Doom, etc.
Celebrities We Think Could Be Cylons
- Bob Dylan
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Keith Richards
- Joan Jett
CALL TO ACTION – We want to know what topics YOU want us to talk about. Also, if you know someone, or want to be a guest on our show, who is into things we don’t understand, please contact us! You can e-mail us at ContactUs@nerdybitches.com, Twitter, etc.
KEYWORD MENTIONED – Let us know!! We WANT to give you this print!!
- Heather – Egg Dash (kitchen appliance) – Cooks your eggs perfectly any time!
- Liz – Turbo Jam (workout video) – Beachbody video – I never get tired of this workout!