Welcome to our 50th episode of Nerdy Bitches Podcast!! We will be discussing the world of Adulting to celebrate this auspicious occasion! We will be talking about what we thought being an adult would be like as a kid versus the harsh reality, what we would recover from childhood if we could, and what we wouldn’t go back to for anything. We also had some fans weigh in on the issue, so we will give them a shout-out as well!
All About Adulting
We have been wanting to do this for a while, so we decided to bust it out for our 50th episode! Heather recently went to a Podcasting 101 panel (Producer Craig was on the panel), so she talks about that, even though she can’t remember the names of people. Sorry guys!
As always, we go off on a tangent about horror movies and why we really can’t watch them like we did when we were kids/teenagers.
- As a kid, what did you think being an adult would be like?
- What has been the reality of adulthood?
- What do you wish you could recover from childhood?
- What would you never go back to?
Notes From the Fans
- Mary S. – “I thought that I would FEEL LIKE an adult (you know, on the inside!). I’m 50 and I feel like I’m about 18.”
- Monica B. – “I thought I could have ANYTHING I wanted. Turns out I had everything I wanted as a kid, less so as an adult. I also thought that my memories would be the same color and quality as photos. You know, the grainy, dull color of poloroids? Yeah, I thought as an adult my memories of being a child would look like that in my head.”
- Liberty S. – Definitely didn’t expect the marital strife and the bill paying. Also expected to be doing better than I am at my age (mid-30s).
- Magdalena S. – Complete freedom but that is not the case at all
- Drew W. – I thought I’d be able to just buy whatever I want as soon as I got a job. When you kill yourself for half the day to make a dollar to go to the store, six bucks and hour looks like opulence of an immesurable magnitude. Of course, I still kind of buy whatever I want as an adult anyway. Thank God for credit card debt.
- Kramer M. – I thought I’d have free time. I thought after college I’d be able to come home and just do whatever I wanted for 4 to 5 hours. Oh, and sleep.
- @nerdthugradio – Totally thought adult life meant weekly visits the Home Depot and I was wrong.
- @sealeadams – 1. theory: cereal for dinner is possible. reality: achievement unlocked! 2. theory: I’d be married with kids by now. reality: dodged that bullet. 3. theory: I would one day like broccoli. reality: go to hell broccoli.
- @80sMveGraveyard: I just figured I would have been a pro wrestler with the world’s largest comic collection.
- @tipsyreview: There are more dishes than I had hoped for. Also, BILLS!
- @zakfield: Thought being an adult would be boring work then I started playing D&D + building robots + VR.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is ill advised. Adult ingredients is situational.
That last sentence was supposed to be “Adulting is situational.”